Going back to my Australian roots with an all time Aussie favourite. When I lived in Australia I discovered the lamington to be an Australian classic, just as milk tart is a South African classic.
Besides could you get a better flavour combo than coconut, chocolate and raspberry?
So to make these, ahem, balls you will need:
Lamington Bliss Balls
- Coconut center:
- 1/2 cup almond flour or ground almonds
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- Pinch of salt
- Optional but highly recommended: raspberry jam
- 1 tablespoons coconut oil
- 4 squares lindt dark chocolate
- 1/2 desiccated coconut for coating your balls
Add all of the coconut center ingredients to a mixing bowl, excluding the raspberry jam, and stir to combine.
Take a heaped tablespoon of the mixture and flatten it into a round shape. Add the raspberry jam to the center, fold the coconut mixture around it and roll it into a ball. If not using raspberry jam just roll the mixture into balls.
Melt your coconut oil and chocolate in a small bowl and coat your coconut balls in the chocolate. Once you remove them from the chocolate roll them onto desiccated coconut.
Your lamington bliss balls can be stored in the fridge or freezer.