Hungry for a mid morning or afternoon snack? These bars will give you the energy boost you need to get through the day. They are filled with healthy fats and sweetened with dates.
Seed & Nut Energy Bars
- 2 cups dates (soaked in water and drained)
- 2 tablespoons almond butter
- 3/4 cup oats
- 1/4 cup desiccated coconut
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ceylon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup chopped almonds
- Melted orange chocolate (exclude at own risk)
Add all the ingredients except the melted chocolate to a food processor. Blend until everything is combined.
On a baking sheet press the mixture into a flat rectangle shape, drizzle over the melted chocolate and set in the fridge.
Once the chocolate has set and cut into bars and enjoy.
Store in the fridge.